GTL Releases Offender Management System Version 5.4.2 Encompassing 171 Enhancements
Continuous development enables GTL to offer best possible jail management system to the market
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Reston, Virginia (PRNewsWire) – July 27, 2017 – GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government, today announced the release of Offender Management System (OMS) version 5.4.2.
GTL’s OMS is the most robust facility management software on the market, due in large part to how user-suggested upgrades and changes are incorporated into every release. GTL expands the system’s capabilities while ensuring that correctional professionals have software that meets their needs. GTL holds three patents on its industry-leading OMS and has ten other patents pending.
“Each new release of OMS comes with the satisfaction of knowing that it brings great benefits to our customers,” said John Lowry, Senior Product Manager, Product Management at GTL. “Our OMS helps ease the operational and data management burden felt by correctional professionals in facilities large and small.”
This latest release includes 171 enhancements across 15 specific modules out of the 181 top level modules of OMS. One of the main enhancements was the introduction of an Enhanced Incidents module that is in addition to the standard Incidents module. Facilities can choose which module they prefer—this new module includes refined security rights, an enhanced initial disciplinary report, enhanced medical data capture for injuries sustained during an incident, and an enhanced hearing module that includes the ability to create/edit/delete/list disciplinary dockets, define capacities for dockets, and show associated charges on each docket.
Other modules enhanced in this release include:
• Active Directory – added option to choose between a secure or unsecure connection (LDAPS vs. LDAP)
• Activity Log – enhanced Notebook entries by adding location and ability to search/filter based on that data element
• Business Constraints – added application of Business Constraints to Workflow tasks, allowing agencies to validate data
• Commissary – enhanced restrictions so that inmate ordering can be limited based on dollar amounts in addition to item quantity
• Inmate Notebook – added location option to Notebook entries and the ability to search/filter on that data element
• Inmate Programs – added a new system parameter (the number of times an inmate can take a course) for Program Eligibility
• Inmate Property – enhanced the configuration of the property bin to allow the commingling of inmate property
• Inmate Requests – added the ability for agencies to limit the number of requests in a defined period
• Security Admin – added ability for login IDs to be case-sensitive or not be case-sensitive
• Transportation – enhanced classification options, specifically to indicate whether an employee is to be included as a driver
• Video Visitation – added option to choose between a secure or unsecure FTP connection (SFTP vs. FTP)
GTL customers who upgrade to version 5.4.2 will have access to these upgraded OMS features immediately. In addition, the new OMS features will be on display September 19–21, 2017, in Orlando, Florida, at the 2017 GTL User Group Training Conference.
GTL’s entire solution suite will be showcased from August 20–22 in booth 301 at the American Correctional Association’s 147th Congress of Correction in St. Louis, Missouri. GTL will also have its Technology in Motion tour vehicle on display inside the exposition hall at the ACA conference. The Technology in Motion vehicle includes the latest hardware, software, and connectivity to enable comprehensive hands-on demonstrations of the full range of offerings for the corrections, education, and government sectors.
To learn more about OMS or for a product demonstration, contact GTL today.
GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and ease of operation for its customers and aid in rehabilitation and the reduction of recidivism rates for inmates. As a trusted industry leader, GTL provides services to 32 state departments of corrections, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and 79 of the 100 largest city/county facilities, including 40 of the top 50, which comprise 1.8 million inmates nationwide. To learn more about GTL, please visit www.gtl.net or our social media sites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Press Release Contact