CDCR Inmate Telephone Information
Inmate Telephone Service Information
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) recently changed their inmate telephone system over to GTL, resulting in quality communication and enhanced deposit services.
- PREPAID COLLECT: GTL provides a Prepaid Collect account option, allowing a friend or family member the availability to setup a calling account attached to a specific phone number. Every time a call is accepted to the prepaid number from a facility, the charges are deducted from the account.
GTL offers two methods to set up a Prepaid Account. The first option is to visit ConnectNetwork.com and being the Account Signup process.
The second option is to contact Customer Service at 1-866-607-6006 to AdvancePay account. Prepaid Accounts are available for ALL types of phone numbers, including cell phones.
If the account continues to remain inactive for 180 days from the date of the first notification, GTL will close the account.
- Collect: Calls to certain approved numbers and the call charges will remain the same as they do today on your monthly phone bill. However, note that collect calls cannot be made to cell phones, office phones, or hospital numbers.
For Customer Service Inquiries, please contact 1-866-607-6006.
GTL places a high priority on customer satisfaction. If a customer feels that their issue is not resolved according to existing policy and regulations, they can request a supervisor. Furthermore, GTL maintains an entire escalations team that is solely dedicated to issues that require, for example, additional research – ensuring that the escalation is handled as quickly as possible.
Additional contact information for our customer service team can be found by visiting our online billing support center.
For international customers, please visit our AdvancePay International section for additional information on setting up your account.
There are several ways to receive calls from inmates, including collect, prepaid collect, and inmate debit calls. Inmates have the option of placing collect calls to telephone numbers approved by the correctional facility. Collect calls are billed to the called party every month through their phone carrier company.
If you receive a high number of collect calls, you may have reached the billing limit allowed by your local phone company. Once you reach a maximum phone bill amount, you may be at a risk of being blocked from receiving future collect calls from an inmate. In such instances, you can call Global Tel*Link at 866-607-6006 to sign up for a prepaid calling account and begin receiving calls again. In addition, online account registration and deposits are available through ConnectNetwork.com.
You can sign up for a prepaid calling account today if you experience any of the following:
- You have a collect call restriction by your local phone provider
- You have exceeded the collect call limit
- You are unable to receive inmate calls on your cell phone, office phone, hospital phone or other commercial phone numbers
- Your local telephone company does not bill for inmate collect calls
- Your phone number is blocked from receiving inmate collect calls
- You have a high collect call bill and want to manage your calling budget
Please note in order to receive calls to cell phones, inmates must call either prepaid collect or use their inmate debit calling account.
There are multiple ways to block calls from inmates as needed. Any incoming call can be refused at any time by hanging up. The call will be disconnected and the inmate will be informed their call was not accepted.
Any incoming call can be blocked permanently from a correctional facility by pressing “7” when prompted.
You can also call the GTL customer service department at 866-607-6006 and they will be able to help block future calls from a facility.
You can remove a block on your telephone number by calling the GTL customer service department at 866-607-6006.
Please note there are other reasons why your phone number may be blocked from receiving collect calls from correctional facilities. These include:
- Your local telephone company does not offer billing on collect calls
- You have reached the maximum dollar amount limit allowed for collect calls
- You are trying to receive collect calls on a cell phone or work phone
You can sign up for the easy-to-use and convenient prepaid calling program offered by GTL, by either Clicking Here to sign up online or calling 866-607-6006.
For instructions on setting up your cell phone to receive phone calls from the CDCR, please visit our Friends and Family Information section.
CDCR Private Portal
Login Access Required
Frequently Asked Questions
Inmate Phone Account Questions
Deposits available through ConnectNetwork.com
GTL Billing Support
AdvancePay® Brochure – English
AdvancePay® Brochure – Spanish
CDCR Inmate Calling Rates
CDCR Notification Center
User Guide for Inmate/Ward Families and Friends
Inmate/Ward Telephone System Concession Services Contract
Website Last Updated on 04/01/15