IN Telephone Service
New Inmate Telephone Service Now Available
The Indiana Department of Correction has a new prepaid collect telephone service. Prepaid accounts have been upgraded from Public Communications Services (PCS) Daily Dial™ to Global Tel*Link (GTL) AdvancePay®. Your calling options will include:
• DEBIT: Debit calling puts the inmate in control of their phone account. They will be able to purchase debit minutes from the commissary, which they can then use to call friends and family members.
Inmates can call any approved phone numbers, including cell phones, with their debit account.
• PREPAID COLLECT: GTL’s prepaid collect option, AdvancePay®, allows a friend or family member to set up a calling account to his or her phone number. Every time calls are made and accepted to a prepaid number, the charges are deducted from the account. Prepaid accounts can be set up for all types of numbers, including cell phones. Friends and family should visit www.offenderconnect.com or call 800.483.8314 to set up an AdvancePay® account today!
• COLLECT: Calls to certain approved numbers and the call charges will remain the same as they do today on your monthly phone bill. However, note that collect calls cannot be made to cell phones, office phones, or hospital numbers.
For any questions regarding our calling options, friends and family members should call GTL at 877.650.4249!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I have an inmate call me or how do I receive calls from an inmate?
The inmate must complete and sign a Offender Telephone List – Inmate Phone Policy “Indiana Code – 11-8-2-5(a)(8), identifying no more than 20 names and the telephone numbers of who could be called.
The 20 names are for 20 individuals, regardless of whether they have the same telephone number.
There are several ways to receive calls from inmates, including collect, prepaid collect, and inmate debit calls. Inmates have the option of placing collect calls to telephone numbers approved by the correctional facility. Collect calls are billed to the called party every month through their phone carrier company.
If you receive a high number of collect calls, you may have reached the billing limit allowed by your local phone company. Once you reach a maximum phone bill amount, you may be at a risk of being blocked from receiving future collect calls from an inmate. In such instances, you can call GTL at 800-483-8314 to sign up for a prepaid calling account and begin receiving calls again.
You can sign up for a prepaid calling account today if you experience any of the following:
• You have a collect call restriction by your local phone provider
• You have exceeded the collect call limit
• You are unable to receive inmate calls on your cell phone, office phone, hospital phone or other commercial phone numbers
• Your local telephone company does not bill for inmate collect calls
• Your phone number is blocked from receiving inmate collect calls
• You have a high collect call bill and want to manage your calling budget
Please note in order to receive calls to cell phones, inmates must call either prepaid collect or use their inmate debit calling account.
How do I block calls from an inmate?
There are multiple ways to block calls from inmates as needed. Any incoming call can be refused at any time by either hanging up or pressing “1″ when prompted. The call will be disconnected and the inmate will be informed their call was not accepted.
Any incoming call can be blocked permanently from a correctional facility by pressing “6″ when prompted. You will be asked to provide a 4 digit personal identification number (PIN) to confirm the block. This PIN will be required to remove the block in the future if needed.
You can also call the GTL customer service department at 800-483-8314 and they will be able to help block future calls from a facility. If you are being physically threatened, you should contact your local law enforcement agency to obtain a Personal Protection Order.
If you are receiving unwanted correspondence or telephone calls from an inmate, you should contact the Superintendent at the facility where the inmate is currently being housed. A written correspondence and/or telephone restriction may be placed on the inmate after a fair and impartial review of your request. We will make every effort to restrict contact from the inmate after your request is approved. However, if you should receive any contact after the restriction, please contact the Superintendent at the facility where the inmate is being housed.
If you are being threatened by an Indiana inmate, you should contact the Superintendent at the facility where the inmate is currently being housed. Our office will also forward your e-mail concerns to the Parole Board, Crime Victims Notification, and the Superintendent.
How can I remove a block from calls from an inmate?
You can remove a block on your telephone number by calling the GTL customer service department at 800-483-8314 and providing your 4 digit PIN to one of our representatives.
Please note there are other reasons why your phone number may be blocked from receiving collect calls from correctional facilities. These include:
• Your local telephone company does not offer billing on collect calls
• You have reached the maximum dollar amount limit allowed for collect calls
• You are trying to receive collect calls on a cell phone or work phone
You can sign up for the easy-to-use and convenient prepaid calling program offered by GTL, by either Clicking Here to sign up online or calling 888-288-9879.