By: Mitch Volkart, Vice President, Intelligence Solutions
September 20th is recognized as National Crime and Intelligence Analyst Appreciation Day, but at GTL, we see the dedication that our intelligence analysts give to GTL and to our correctional facility customers every day.
Created by the Florida Crime & Intelligence Analyst Association in April 2021, National Crime and Intelligence Analyst Appreciation Day lets us publicly say “thank you” to the dedicated work that is so often done behind the scenes. The critical role that analysts play does not go unnoticed at GTL.
GTL Fusion Services work through a combination of people, technology, and data, and our GTL Fusion analysts are the backbone of the process. They leverage cutting-edge tools to methodically comb through an immeasurable number of data points, turning them into actionable intelligence that has saved lives.
Our intelligence analysts make sense of all the data points and transform them into intelligence that can be acted upon to help prevent crimes, solve cases, slow the influx of contraband and keep people safe. Here are a few examples of our Fusion analysts in action:
- After conducting a mobile forensic extraction on a contraband cell phone, a contraband smuggling scheme was uncovered, packaged drugs were confiscated, the conveyor was apprehended, and several individuals were successfully prosecuted
- Analysts identified a threat and effectively shared the intel, leading to hundreds of suboxone strips being seized from a civilian with multiple weapons, and a contraband phone being retrieved from a unit in a facility
- Intelligence analysts utilizing multiple systems helped to determine an escaped inmate’s whereabouts, leading to his apprehension within a few hours of escape
GTL’s team of intelligence analysts are at the core of GTL Fusion Services. Intensely trained and fully credentialed, our analysts:
- Work on-site at correctional facilities or remotely from our National Intelligence Center (NIC)
- Act as a force multiplier to support cases, run reports, and analyze complex data sets
- Provide a wide range of intelligence support to investigators to help prevent crimes before they occur and solve them after they happen
- Analyze data to help shut down in-facility crime and create environments more conducive to offender incarceration and rehabilitation
We are extremely proud of the role our analysts play in bringing safety to correctional facilities and their surrounding communities.